Our business name is Calvin Strachan (hereafter “Calvin Strachan”, “We” or “Company”).
We are the owner of the web sites, (www.calvinstrachan.com).
- Calvin Strachan takes privacy seriously, and uses reasonable efforts to protect it. We have created these Policies in order to share with Members and Users our information collection and use practices. AS IS MORE CLEARLY DEFINED HEREIN, WE WILL NEVER KNOWINGLY SELL OR ASSIGN YOUR VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED PERSONAL INFORMATION, WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND/OR APPROVAL. Please read these Policies carefully before sharing any personally identifiable information described below.
- Since Internet technologies are constantly evolving, these Policies are subject to change at any time and any changes will be posted on this page.
- These Policies work hand-in-hand with the Terms and Conditions of Use, found elsewhere on our web sites.
If you do not agree to be bound by these Policies, you may not use the web sites or the Services provided by Calvin Strachan.
- The following words used in these Policies shall have the following meanings:
- “Personal Information” shall mean all data and/or information provided by and about Member or User, including e-mail address, name, address, payment information, etc.;
- “Calvin Strachan web sites” shall mean the web sites on which Calvin Strachan provides information and links to Services, as listed above.
- “Calvin Strachan User” shall mean all Members and Users of the Calvin Strachan web sites and its Services.
- “Calvin Strachan Services” shall mean all Services provided by Calvin Strachan, including events, speakers, meetings, products and other Services.
- “Third Parties” include all speakers, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates.
III. What Personally Identifiable Information Does Calvin Strachan Collect and How Is It Used?
- In order to utilize some of our Services, Members and Users will be asked for certain personally identifiable information, such as name, address, email address and other relevant information.
- Calvin Strachan will not collect personally identifiable information from Members or Users while they use the web sites, unless you voluntarily provide it to us or authorize us to collect such information.
- Calvin Strachan may use or disclose Member’s or User’s personally identifiable information to:
- operate and manage our web sites;
- provide Services that have been requested by Member or User; or
- respond to other inquires or requests by Member or User.
- Calvin Strachan may disclose Member’s or User’s personally identifiable information in the establishment or exercise of legal rights or defenses against legal claims, to comply with applicable laws or regulations, to comply with a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order or to investigate suspected fraud or a violation of our Terms and Conditions of Use. We will never sell Member or User Information to any third party, not affiliated with Calvin Strachan, without consent, except in connection with the sale or merger of Calvin Strachan or the division responsible for such Services provided.
- Calvin Strachan may also use such information for marketing Services to Member or User, ONLY IF Member or User have not ‘opted out’ to receive such marketing information from us.
- Calvin Strachan may, from time to time, send or post surveys or requests for Member or User feedback, in order to help us make our web sites and Services better. Any responses we receive will be used only to evaluate our web sites and Services. No personally identifiable information from Members or Users will be shared with any non-employees of Calvin Strachan.
- Calvin Strachan may, from time to time, send notices about special offers, promotions, contests or sweepstakes. If Member or User sign up to participant in any of these, we will collect their email address. If Member or User are chosen for a promotion or as a winner in a contest, such Member or User gives Calvin Strachan permission to use their name, image and other information requested, for marketing purposes.
- Calvin Strachan will never knowingly collect personal information from children under fifteen (15) years of age. If Calvin Strachan becomes aware that a child under fifteen (15) years of age has provided personal information, such information will be deleted from our database. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your child has provided personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Non-Personally Identifiable Information Do We Collect and How Is It Used?
- Calvin Strachan collects and tracks certain non-personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, IP numbers and browser type, access times, domain names, usage habits and other information which does not specifically identify any individual.
- Calvin Strachan may use and disclose non-personally-identifiable information for any number of reasons, including, but not limited to, working with business partners and improving our web sites and Services.
- Calvin Strachan may collect demographic information from Member or User, including gender, age and geographic location data. This demographic information is not sold, nor provided, to any third party, under any circumstances. Calvin Strachan may also collect usage data, on a periodic basis, from Members or Users. We collect this usage data in order to improve our Services to Members and Users.
- Does Calvin Strachan Offer Forums, Chatrooms and Groups?
Calvin Strachan does not offer Forums, Chatrooms or Groups, however, Member and User Feedback is encouraged.
- Cookies may be used by our third party Advertisers and Partners, to identify Members and Users, as is more fully described in section VII, below.
- To maintain privacy, Members and Users can disable their browser’s ability to accept cookies, but doing so may affect their ability to access Calvin Strachan’s web sites and Services.
VII. Is My Information Private With Calvin Strachan Advertisers and Partners?
- When you use Calvin Strachan Services, you may see or receive advertisements that are periodically updated. These advertisement messages typically come from third party servers or networks. When clicked, the advertisement links will take Member or User to Internet web sites managed by third parties. By activating these links, Member and User are no longer using Calvin Strachan-controlled Services. Calvin Strachan has no control over Internet web sites owned by third parties. Calvin Strachan cannot make any declaration, whatsoever, concerning the quality or overall content, thereof, nor regarding the quality of the products or services offered there or the security of performing transactions on those web sites. The fact that third party web sites are identified in the advertisements should not, in any way, be interpreted as an endorsement by Calvin Strachan. Calvin Strachan cannot be held liable for possible damages arising from the use of such third party web sites. All complaints about third party web sites should be addressed to the administrators or owners of those web sites.
- Some of these advertising servers or networks may place a persistent cookie on a Member’s or User’s computer, in order to recognize that computer each time they send Member or User an advertising message. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer’s hard drive by an online server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by an online server in the domain that issued the cookie.
- Advertising messages may also contain electronic images known as Web Beacons – sometimes called ‘single-pixel gifs’ – in order to help compile aggregated statistics and determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- Calvin Strachan may work with third parties that advertise, in order to place Web Beacons on their web sites. These Web Beacons will allow us to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement, on our web site, results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser’s or partner’s web site. In these ways, Calvin Strachan and the advertising servers and networks may compile information about what advertisements are clicked by Members and Users.
VIII. What About Data Security?
- To ensure the security of your data, Calvin Strachan always uses firewalls and industry-standard encryption technologies (256k Secure Socket Layer – SSL) when transferring and receiving Member and User data on our web sites.
- Calvin Strachan has instituted appropriate security measures that protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from Members or Users.
- Calvin Strachan requires that our third party Advertisers and Partners ensure the security of the data that Members and Users provide to them, however, in the event of a breach of their security measures, Member and User agree that Calvin Strachan will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by them.
- Calvin Strachan limits access to personal information about Members and Users, to employees, for whom we reasonably believe it is necessary, in order to provide our Services or Customer Care.
- Calvin Strachan has physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with international regulations, to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from User.
- Calvin Strachan makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on our web sites or any web site linked to our web sites. Calvin Strachan will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration or identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other content stored on Calvin Strachan equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by Calvin Strachan or otherwise connected with Member or User access or use of our Services.
- Can I Opt-out?
- We give Members and Users the option to stop receiving promotional messages from Calvin Strachan.
- Member or User may also choose to opt-out of certain other communications from Calvin Strachan, such as new Service announcements or updates.
- All Member and User requests, for unsubscribing or opting-out, can be made by sending an email to Customer Support, at email@example.com.
- Calvin Strachan is not responsible for removing Member or User personal identification information from the lists of any third party Advertiser or Partner who has previously been provided Member’s or User’s information, in accordance with these Policies.
- Where Are The Web Sites Located?
The Calvin Strachan web sites are maintained from our offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. If you are located outside of Canada, by using our web sites, you authorize the export of personally identifiable information to Canada, and its storage and use as specified in these Policies.
- Will There Be Changes to these Policies?
- Calvin Strachan reserves the right to amend these Policies at any time, in the event that this becomes necessary after their initial release or in the event that it becomes necessary, with respect to additional or amended Services provided by Calvin Strachan.
- Calvin Strachan will not notify Members or Users, individually, of any amendments or modifications to these Policies. Members and Users are urged to check these Policies frequently, in order to determine whether any changes have been made. Members and Users understand and agree that continued use of the Calvin Strachan web sites assume that they have read and accepted these Policies, as may be amended or modified, from time to time.
XII. Section Titles
The section titles used in these Policies are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
XIII. What is the Effective Date of These Policies?
These Policies were last updated on July 18, 2013.